Skip to main content

Currently-Edition 3

December is in FULL swing and it is lovely.  I have done so many fun activities that have been so festive and joyful.  There are no bah-humbugs here! I even put up a Christmas tree for the FIRST time this year! So exciting, you have no idea.  I packed up my ornaments from my parents' house in Seattle and shipped em on down! So here we go with Currently-Edition 3. Woohoo!

Here it is, nestled in the corner of my sweet, studio apartment!  


Drinking

Dry January is fast approaching, I will be doing a massive health kick as I am going to Hawaii on January 27th and I need to feel a little more...fit if you will? ;) So currently I am enjoying all beverages.  I try not to drink alcohol during the week but that is difficult given all the holiday festivities including my office party that is tomorrow night & a friend's 30th birthday celebration that is Friday! EEK! So a lot of water and the normal coffee routine during the weeks.

Eating

Healthy! TRYING!  Getting daily treats from patients at work and Trader Joes has these dark chocolate covered peppermint OREO type cookies. HEAVEN & HELL in one box.  So strict eating during the week with 1-2 treats from wherever they show up and working out every day. BLAH.
Side note: tried a new restaurant on Sunday (do I need to do a restaurant blog? YES)....
Sotto (click link to see the divinity that is this restaurant!) was it's name, actually saw the main guy from NCIS... haha.  It was a fancy shmance place but absolutely delicious.  We went with our foodie friends and they know how to pick the entrees, appetizers, desserts, etc and we just share.  It was SO GOOD.  We are talking risotto, flat bread pizzas, roasted chicken, smoked olive oil to dip bread in, cannoli for dessert, cocktails AND red wine.  This meal was no joke.  Loved it!

Listening

Zooey Deshanel "Baby It's Cold Outside,"  and it is heaven.

Wearing

My most recent, absolute FAVORITE purchase is my ice blue, satin, pleated midi skirt that I will be wearing for tomorrow night's holiday party.  Oh yes.  The one I ordered is here and it is GORGEOUS!

Wanting

Well, 'tis the season of Christmas lists and giving and receiving.  I am sure Santa knows what I want this year..... ;)

Reading

Well, I finished a new book since the last post, "Small Great Things" by Jodi Picoult.  I give this book 5 VERY BIG stars.  It was excellent, eye opening, sad, happy, and mesmerizing.  Highly, HIGHLY recommend.  It was a learning experience for me to read this book and I am so thankful for it.  Learn more here!!

Watching

So the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead was CRAZY.  I also binged and LOVED Westworld on HBO, seriously, blew my mind and I am a little upset that we have to wait until 2018 to watch season 2!? Say what??? Loving Divorce and so happy it picked up for a second season, SJP is just brilliant.  This Is Us winter finale was gut wrenching good.  That show is seriously incredible, I have not been disappointed once.  WATCH IT!

So...this 'Currently' was a little more short and sweet- but I hope you enjoyed it! XOXO, Happy Holidays, and see you next year!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What part of LA do you live in?" And Other Important thoughts and questions that go through my head

Oh me. Single as all get out, in the dating world, BIG TIME, not just a toe dipper, nope I am full on doused into the deep end of it.  Yes I am on Tinder, yes I am on Ok Cupid, and yes, I am too cheap to join Match/E-Harmony so I am going with the free ones...which has not proven to be worth it yet but can you complain when you aren't paying for anything....? The things I have stumbled upon, the people I have met, and the amount of drinks I have downed to get through some pretty horrendous dates are quite....interesting.  My last two blog posts can show you a little insight into that. Here are a small amount of things that go through my mind when I am gandering (it's a word even though this tells me it's not- I made it up apparently) at these so called "Dating Bios." How old is he...? Dating sites have filters mostly...unfortunately for Ok Cupid, anyone can message you- but it filters out the age you don't want from your viewing.  So this week for inst

Why(s)

Why.... Things that run through my head on the daily because, life.  Why do we let ourselves as humans get caught up in silly, mundane, stressful, and hurtful situations? Here are some of my whys... Do I watch "just one more" episode on Netflix when I know I will want to kill myself in the morning? Does your opinion matter so much? Do I second guess myself? Do I HATE working out but afterward feel so good, then quickly forget that feeling because the next day, I HATE working out again? Do I continuously put up with people in my life who exhaust me, make me second guess myself and my decisions? Do I procrastinate with all major decisions but 'fun' decisions I take two seconds to make? Do I care so much? Do I sometimes feel that it's not enough? Can't I stop, breathe, and realize I have it pretty damn good? Do I dwell on things that only hurt me in remembering them? Can't I just realize that I AM THE ONLY ONE that can make me ha

Life random Life

Four weeks since I last wrote. Explanation?! I don't have a life right now. It's spent in my car driving to and from work, working for 9 hours and repeating. I get home and go straight to bed, get up and do it all over again.  A phrase I am over using lately: curve balls are being thrown at me left and right. In seven days I have to be out of my house, and need to move to LA. Do I have a place to live? Nope. Adventure? Maybe. Panic? Yes. Scared shitless?! For sure. But I'll survive. For some weird weird ass reason my life always falls into place. I don't know how I have managed to not get seriously ill, die in a car wreck due to anger or falling asleep at the wheel. Whatever this is that I'm doing is giving me serious perspective, forcing me to be a big girl and to deal with it. Guess what, every single person is going through shit. So my sob story is not anything different from anyone else's. But of course I feel super alone, stressed and panicked. I have some