Skip to main content

More Rants, minimal Raves

Some things that have struck me as of late that have driven me to the point of wanting to write about them... here are some  rants and maybe one rave,  that have become part of my life as of late---(thank you to Allison who inspires these blog posts- check out her blog here)


Articles that point out how unrealistic shows are that you LOVED since YEARS ago

i.e. CLICK HERE and feast your eyes upon the perfect example.  Sex and The City was a favorite (still is, I repeat it OFTEN) of mine from the age of 16 until now.  And yes, back then my eyes saw a magical city, (NYC), amazing outfits, gorgeous shoes, and fantastic apartments.  Namely the main character, Carrie, worked like once a week, writing for the New York Star, and she lived in Manhattan, took a cab everywhere, and bought $800 shoes nearly every week.  I knew in the way back of my mind it wasn't realistic and I live a pretty realistic and budgeted life, so it's not like it ruined me, but WHY do these articles have to point it out and ruin the magic?  I guess it is my choice to click them and read it.........but still.

TEXTING AND DRIVING

This is an old topic- we all know it well.  Living in LA means a commute that is stop, and go, stop and go, and so on and so forth.  Most major streets are at least 2 lanes on each side so you generally tend to look around and see what's going on around you when you are completely stopped or going 2MPH.  99% of the time I will look to my left, or right and see some person looking at their phone with their little thumbs going at it. Don't get me wrong, I have been guilty of this too, but mine permanently stays on my dashboard with my ever so trusty Waze app getting me to my apartment in the fastest way possible and nothing makes me MORE annoyed then seeing some guy or gal looking at their phone or even worse, taking a picture or video of themselves, I do not care if it's stop and go, one moment that you think we are slowing down and you don't look up, you will ruin your driving credibility and plow into the person in front of you! NOT WORTH-IT. PLEASE STOP (especially if you are behind me!!)

Finding out a character on a show you watch has signed a contract to be on the show longer or you know is going to star in a new show soon...

This is the same as a spoiler article in my eyes, which usually warns you before you start reading so you know to exit out! My example of this is for The Walking Dead.  I am A FAN.  Can I please get a hear hear on how SEXY and AMAZING Jeffrey Dean Morgan is in this show! Holy crap.  I have never liked a bad guy so much!  

Anyway,

Come to find out, ***SPOILER ALERT****


*********************************************************************************

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has signed on for 2 more seasons- which means, he will not be killed anytime soon even though that is what the WHOLE series is about currently.  How annoying is that!? An actor signs a contract? GREAT!  I don't need to know.  Don't tell me.  I want to be shocked when he doesn't get killed and wonder why and not have it be because he has signed on to be here for 2 more years.  GEEZ.  Annoying.

Second, don't tell us that a series regular is going to star in a new show on a different network, because that automatically tells us that they will most likely be killed off.  DUMB.  I know there is life to worry about, but when I watch a show, I like to be surprised and sucked in so I can forget about life for that hour of watching, mmm k?

Social Media Hate

Again... a topic everyone knows of and sadly, it has become a daily part of our lives.  Any article whether it be some type of meme, or a news post about something big going on in the world will have people go nuts.  There will be hatred, profanity, pointing toward religion, race, political views, sexist comments, etc.  I can't scroll through a comment thread without finding it.  I just wonder if these people were speaking out loud in public if they would really say all these hateful things.  Social media provides anonymity and I know we have freedom of speech, but why so negative? Why so hateful?  Why can't something be posted and there just be positive feedback?  Because, the world.  

TRAFFIC

If you have ever lived in a big city, you get it.  You know this word well, you spend HOURS in your car commuting to work, a commute that you could run faster if you wanted to.  It is RIDICULOUS.  To put this in perspective- my office is 7.2 miles from my house.  It takes me 45 minutes to get to work (on a normal traffic day, this has been over an hour before). In a car.  If there is no traffic (on days such as today, THANK YOU HOLIDAYS) it took me 25 minutes.  That's a great day when it takes less then 30 minutes.  LA is the worst with public transportation too.  We have a metro system...but it is TERRIBLE.  I just cannot get over how bad traffic is.  I know I am a cause of it too, because I don't carpool, but that's another thing about LA, everyone lives in different zones of LA- carpooling is nearly impossible unless by some miracle you are actually in a 1 mile radius of someone you can carpool with....just thinking about going home makes me annoyed because I know what I will have to deal with.


And last:

THIS IS A RAVE: S-TOWN

The only plus side of a commute is that I can listen to books, and podcasts, which I love.  And my car is the best place to listen because there aren't any distractions or noises to drown it out.  In three days, last week, I started and finished a podcast called S-Town. All 7 episodes.  I could not get enough and much like Serial, it's sister podcast, I am SO SAD it's over.  I need more!  If you have not listened to S-Town, you MUST. Seriously, GO LISTEN NOW. 

That's all for now.......thanks for tuning in!

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What part of LA do you live in?" And Other Important thoughts and questions that go through my head

Oh me. Single as all get out, in the dating world, BIG TIME, not just a toe dipper, nope I am full on doused into the deep end of it.  Yes I am on Tinder, yes I am on Ok Cupid, and yes, I am too cheap to join Match/E-Harmony so I am going with the free ones...which has not proven to be worth it yet but can you complain when you aren't paying for anything....? The things I have stumbled upon, the people I have met, and the amount of drinks I have downed to get through some pretty horrendous dates are quite....interesting.  My last two blog posts can show you a little insight into that. Here are a small amount of things that go through my mind when I am gandering (it's a word even though this tells me it's not- I made it up apparently) at these so called "Dating Bios." How old is he...? Dating sites have filters mostly...unfortunately for Ok Cupid, anyone can message you- but it filters out the age you don't want from your viewing.  So this week for inst

Why(s)

Why.... Things that run through my head on the daily because, life.  Why do we let ourselves as humans get caught up in silly, mundane, stressful, and hurtful situations? Here are some of my whys... Do I watch "just one more" episode on Netflix when I know I will want to kill myself in the morning? Does your opinion matter so much? Do I second guess myself? Do I HATE working out but afterward feel so good, then quickly forget that feeling because the next day, I HATE working out again? Do I continuously put up with people in my life who exhaust me, make me second guess myself and my decisions? Do I procrastinate with all major decisions but 'fun' decisions I take two seconds to make? Do I care so much? Do I sometimes feel that it's not enough? Can't I stop, breathe, and realize I have it pretty damn good? Do I dwell on things that only hurt me in remembering them? Can't I just realize that I AM THE ONLY ONE that can make me ha

Life random Life

Four weeks since I last wrote. Explanation?! I don't have a life right now. It's spent in my car driving to and from work, working for 9 hours and repeating. I get home and go straight to bed, get up and do it all over again.  A phrase I am over using lately: curve balls are being thrown at me left and right. In seven days I have to be out of my house, and need to move to LA. Do I have a place to live? Nope. Adventure? Maybe. Panic? Yes. Scared shitless?! For sure. But I'll survive. For some weird weird ass reason my life always falls into place. I don't know how I have managed to not get seriously ill, die in a car wreck due to anger or falling asleep at the wheel. Whatever this is that I'm doing is giving me serious perspective, forcing me to be a big girl and to deal with it. Guess what, every single person is going through shit. So my sob story is not anything different from anyone else's. But of course I feel super alone, stressed and panicked. I have some