Skip to main content

Giving & Thanks

Well....INSPO from one of my favorite bloggers whom I feel like I am friends with even though we have never met personally but we "follow" each other's lives from one big city to the other across the USA and engage with each other--- ALL THAT creepiness being said, her blog is here.  ANYWAY, the whole point of that paragraph was that I felt, even though I rarely write/blog anymore, I should write a thankful/grateful post!

I enjoy a good list so I will be listing these out-


  • First and foremost, I don't care how gross you think I am but I am thankful for Almond Nog, Trader Joes' version of Almond Milk Egg Nog, don't know how it all works, but it's damn delicious and has been in my gingerbread ground coffee also from Trader Joes, every single morning this week!  Yes I am a sucker for seasonal flavors, I am what they call #basic, and I own it.

  • AIR TRAVEL, even though I know LAX will be a complete cluster F tonight I am thankful that once I board that flight, I will be home to Seattle for the holiday in a few, short hours.  I miss my family so much and am so happy that they are not across the country or world and I can be home in a little over 2 hours. After the stress and grossness of airports of course.

  • ONLINE SHOPPING.  I cannot even tell you the last time I set foot in a mall.  I have become pro at this method of purchase! I send em back if they don't fit, I exchange via mail, I do it all!  Who wants to get undressed in a dressing room anyway?  BLAH.  I love coming home to a box or two or four.  I try and stay away from my computer after a couple glasses of wine though, it seems my bank account becomes much larger after some red wine is in the system.....yeesh.


  • Friends turned family.  You know who you are- I am a long way from my immediate family and my little friend group has grown to the perfect size of quality and awesome people who have become my family.  THANKFUL!

  • Holidays- I am a sucker for ALL of them.  Starting every year with Halloween and flowing through each one with decorations, themes, food, and weather changes...well kind of, it's supposed to be 90 in L.A. for Thanksgiving, I'm like BYEE off to WASHINGTON STATE! But that being said- I love all the holidays and all that comes with them!

That's all for now!  I am obviously so thankful for my family, boyfriend, the roof over my head and the food & water I have access to.  I know I am lucky and blessed! HAPPY TURKEY/THANKSGIVING ALL! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What part of LA do you live in?" And Other Important thoughts and questions that go through my head

Oh me. Single as all get out, in the dating world, BIG TIME, not just a toe dipper, nope I am full on doused into the deep end of it.  Yes I am on Tinder, yes I am on Ok Cupid, and yes, I am too cheap to join Match/E-Harmony so I am going with the free ones...which has not proven to be worth it yet but can you complain when you aren't paying for anything....? The things I have stumbled upon, the people I have met, and the amount of drinks I have downed to get through some pretty horrendous dates are quite....interesting.  My last two blog posts can show you a little insight into that. Here are a small amount of things that go through my mind when I am gandering (it's a word even though this tells me it's not- I made it up apparently) at these so called "Dating Bios." How old is he...? Dating sites have filters mostly...unfortunately for Ok Cupid, anyone can message you- but it filters out the age you don't want from your viewing.  So this week for inst

Why(s)

Why.... Things that run through my head on the daily because, life.  Why do we let ourselves as humans get caught up in silly, mundane, stressful, and hurtful situations? Here are some of my whys... Do I watch "just one more" episode on Netflix when I know I will want to kill myself in the morning? Does your opinion matter so much? Do I second guess myself? Do I HATE working out but afterward feel so good, then quickly forget that feeling because the next day, I HATE working out again? Do I continuously put up with people in my life who exhaust me, make me second guess myself and my decisions? Do I procrastinate with all major decisions but 'fun' decisions I take two seconds to make? Do I care so much? Do I sometimes feel that it's not enough? Can't I stop, breathe, and realize I have it pretty damn good? Do I dwell on things that only hurt me in remembering them? Can't I just realize that I AM THE ONLY ONE that can make me ha

Life random Life

Four weeks since I last wrote. Explanation?! I don't have a life right now. It's spent in my car driving to and from work, working for 9 hours and repeating. I get home and go straight to bed, get up and do it all over again.  A phrase I am over using lately: curve balls are being thrown at me left and right. In seven days I have to be out of my house, and need to move to LA. Do I have a place to live? Nope. Adventure? Maybe. Panic? Yes. Scared shitless?! For sure. But I'll survive. For some weird weird ass reason my life always falls into place. I don't know how I have managed to not get seriously ill, die in a car wreck due to anger or falling asleep at the wheel. Whatever this is that I'm doing is giving me serious perspective, forcing me to be a big girl and to deal with it. Guess what, every single person is going through shit. So my sob story is not anything different from anyone else's. But of course I feel super alone, stressed and panicked. I have some