Skip to main content

Currently Edition 5

I am the worst.  I tried to be a blogger, tried to be a writer but I just don't have time, energy or enough creative juices going through my brain that are devoted to writing as of the last couple of years.  I don't know what it is, but it's ok! I  have been putting my energy toward making a home, cooking new recipes, life changes, PLANNING A WEDDING, basking in my best friends' wedding planning (I am a grooms-gal!) and enjoying living.  However, I do enjoy these Currently blog posts because it's fun to look back at what I happened to be into.... so here goes #5!

Drinking

Well..I am a water FIEND. I'm telling you... I think I log just shy of a gallon every day.  Maybe I reach a gallon at least.  All I know is that my Swell water bottle is my pride and joy and goes with me every where.  And I frequent my offices water station so many times a day to a. get steps, b. move away from the computer screen and c. get that H2O in my system!

Also, my fiance has been making Tiki drinks! It has been so much fun.  He makes his own simple syrups from scratch and fresh squeezes all the citrus! It's nuts and I love it!  It definitely doesn't happen nightly because I don't drink during the week except for a special occasion, but Friday nights or Saturdays I am drinking those suckers!  Everything from a Navy Grog (Sinatra's signature drink!) to a Hurricane (can we say BYEEE! Because it is strong) but it has been so much fun taste testing and enjoying them together on a night in, which is pretty much what we do every night- stay IN.

Eating

 Healthy, clean & delicious! Eating healthy doesn't mean a chicken breast with a side of broccoli.  It means I can make so many different options and watch my portions and added sugars and saturated fats.  What is on the menu tonight? Two-ingredient pizza dough topped with Trader Joes Kale Pesto & Mushrooms and lite mozz cheese.  I will devour half and fiance the other half and won't feel a twinge of guilt because I know exactly what I am eating and am keeping track of my daily intake! It's been really fun to enjoy all foods, feel happy and also lose weight at the same time.  Thank you Weight Watchers.


Listening

60's pop playlist on Apple music. It's perfect for this Tuesday.

Wearing

Well outside it's muggy, 85 and gross. Inside it's freezing so a sweatshirt with jeans and flip flops, casual month at work.

Wanting

All the items at the Nordstrom sale! My cart is full and my budget says NO! UGH.

Reading

More like listening...on my god-awful commutes! Audible is my best friend.  Just finished A Simple Favor, which was creepy, weird and SO GOOD, and is going to be a movie in September with Blake Lively & Anna Kendrick.  Just started Something in the Water.  So far no huge opinions on it, it's interesting and based in London and focused on a couple who go on their honeymoon, scuba dive and SEE SOMETHING IN THE WATER...so we shall see! Stay tuned.

Watching

I am re-watching Desperate Housewives that aired on ABC back in 2004-2009 roughly, I think?  Anyway, I was a HUGE fan of the drama and laughs and am loving re-watching it on Hulu!

That's all for now!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What part of LA do you live in?" And Other Important thoughts and questions that go through my head

Oh me. Single as all get out, in the dating world, BIG TIME, not just a toe dipper, nope I am full on doused into the deep end of it.  Yes I am on Tinder, yes I am on Ok Cupid, and yes, I am too cheap to join Match/E-Harmony so I am going with the free ones...which has not proven to be worth it yet but can you complain when you aren't paying for anything....? The things I have stumbled upon, the people I have met, and the amount of drinks I have downed to get through some pretty horrendous dates are quite....interesting.  My last two blog posts can show you a little insight into that. Here are a small amount of things that go through my mind when I am gandering (it's a word even though this tells me it's not- I made it up apparently) at these so called "Dating Bios." How old is he...? Dating sites have filters mostly...unfortunately for Ok Cupid, anyone can message you- but it filters out the age you don't want from your viewing.  So this week for inst

Why(s)

Why.... Things that run through my head on the daily because, life.  Why do we let ourselves as humans get caught up in silly, mundane, stressful, and hurtful situations? Here are some of my whys... Do I watch "just one more" episode on Netflix when I know I will want to kill myself in the morning? Does your opinion matter so much? Do I second guess myself? Do I HATE working out but afterward feel so good, then quickly forget that feeling because the next day, I HATE working out again? Do I continuously put up with people in my life who exhaust me, make me second guess myself and my decisions? Do I procrastinate with all major decisions but 'fun' decisions I take two seconds to make? Do I care so much? Do I sometimes feel that it's not enough? Can't I stop, breathe, and realize I have it pretty damn good? Do I dwell on things that only hurt me in remembering them? Can't I just realize that I AM THE ONLY ONE that can make me ha

Life random Life

Four weeks since I last wrote. Explanation?! I don't have a life right now. It's spent in my car driving to and from work, working for 9 hours and repeating. I get home and go straight to bed, get up and do it all over again.  A phrase I am over using lately: curve balls are being thrown at me left and right. In seven days I have to be out of my house, and need to move to LA. Do I have a place to live? Nope. Adventure? Maybe. Panic? Yes. Scared shitless?! For sure. But I'll survive. For some weird weird ass reason my life always falls into place. I don't know how I have managed to not get seriously ill, die in a car wreck due to anger or falling asleep at the wheel. Whatever this is that I'm doing is giving me serious perspective, forcing me to be a big girl and to deal with it. Guess what, every single person is going through shit. So my sob story is not anything different from anyone else's. But of course I feel super alone, stressed and panicked. I have some