Skip to main content

Why(s)

Why....

Things that run through my head on the daily because, life.  Why do we let ourselves as humans get caught up in silly, mundane, stressful, and hurtful situations?

Here are some of my whys...

Do I watch "just one more" episode on Netflix when I know I will want to kill myself in the morning?

Does your opinion matter so much?

Do I second guess myself?

Do I HATE working out but afterward feel so good, then quickly forget that feeling because the next day, I HATE working out again?

Do I continuously put up with people in my life who exhaust me, make me second guess myself and my decisions?

Do I procrastinate with all major decisions but 'fun' decisions I take two seconds to make?


Do I care so much?


Do I sometimes feel that it's not enough?


Can't I stop, breathe, and realize I have it pretty damn good?


Do I dwell on things that only hurt me in remembering them?

Can't I just realize that I AM THE ONLY ONE that can make me happy, not someone or something?

Can't I start a blog post and finish it in one sitting?

Can't I get more motivation for things in life that I feel motivation for but can't practice motivation for?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

your Passion(s)

What's your passion? Movies? Music? Reading? Writing? Running? Etc? One thing I know about me, I don't have just one, in fact I get really ADD, as in, I'll start a book, then forget about it and finish it months later (disclaimer: UNLESS it's a James Patterson thriller).  I will binge a series on Netflix then not watch TV for days, I'll re-watch the same movies because it's easier then attempting a new one....and the list goes on. One other thing I know about me: since the day I saw Titanic, I knew I would never be the same.  Don't laugh.  The movie itself unleashed an obsession, infatuation, and love for not just Leonardo DiCaprio, but more seriously, ships. Sunken ships mostly, but also boats, cruise ships, oil rigs, sail boats--- you name it, if it floated, or sunk, I wanted to know about it. Before I knew it I lived, breathed, and dreamt of sunken ships.  Of seeing one in person, of the books I had bought at Barnes and Noble, and second hand book...

Missing Person(s)

Have you ever gone on a date, or even just exchanged phone numbers, texts or see each other, hit it off, flirt, etc, and then POOF, the guy just DISAPPEARS....!?  I think we all have, unfortunately.   If you are in the dating world it will happen eventually if it hasn't already.  Sorry! Where do they go?  I have a theory that they must have died.  Or they have a retreat they all gather at, sit around and drink some beers and watch sports and have a good laugh about all the girls they have left hanging. Don't get me wrong, I am sure there are plenty of girls who have done this before as well, but MOSTLY it's guys, as I know from personal experience, every dating movie, TV show (hello SATC), and girlfriend I have.  Who tells them they have a right to do this?  A secret bad dating angel who whispers it into their ear when they enter the world from the womb?  Is there a book they read and not tell us about?  WHY!?  What gives them the ri...

relationship(s)

I had happy hour with a very good friend on Friday who always helps me assure myself; sometimes it's needed to hear what you know is true from an outsider.  He's very smart, assertive and essentially knows what he is talking about as he is wise beyond his years.  Anyway both of us were single a little over a year ago and have now been in successful relationships- him over a year now and me coming up on it in a few months.  It's weird to think that a year ago we spent Valentine's Eve together because he was newly dating and I had no one so we did a little pre-celebration together.  The year before that we were each other's Valentine's and spent a night out in We-Ho and had a blast, this year we both have serious people to spend it with.  It's amazing how time changes everything. We were discussing our relationships with our guys, with each other.  Currently mine is long-distance until April, pause for tears, no no, I am fine.  And his is about to go f...