Skip to main content

ESFJ

So this weekend was a lot of news for me.  Hung with new people, saw new places, hell I even ate new kinds of foods that I don't generally eat, but I loved it.  I loved the new, I loved the people, and it was a great distraction from the conundrums of life, whether it be a disagreement with a  friend that is a constant cloud cover to stresses of every day life, to job stress, to LIFE, it was nice to "get away" from it all.  Something else I did though was take a Myers Briggs personality test- something I have not done since I was in college which I think is something every one SHOULD take in college, and then again once they have had some life experience for example, turning 30.

In short ESFJ is Extrovert, and my score for that was 60%, Sensing, 75%, Feeling, 85% and Judging was 70%.  In long I am a people person, I have a strong desire to be liked, I am dependable, I have a strong focus on the details of life, I need approval from others to feel good about myself, I am hurt by indifference, I have a hard time accepting a difficult truth about someone I care about, I am extremely good at reading others, I often change my manner to be more pleasing to whoever I am around, highly in tune to my emotional environment and attentive to both the feelings of others and perceptions others have of me...and the list.goes.on.


Let me tell you this- this personality stuff is INSANELY truth!  I learned so much about myself in 20 minutes.  It makes so much more sense, I have such a better outlook to things that I put myself down for i.e. needing to be liked, needing assurance and approval.  These are a few things that I felt to be a weakness but now that I read this, I see the positivity.  It's who I am and there are just going to be some personalities that don't mesh with that.  After taking this I felt the urge to send it to all my friends and family, but held back as I knew they would be like, WTF MISTY.  But I will probably do that eventually.

Is it normal to still be figuring things out when you're 30?  To still compare yourself to others your age (even when you know you absolutely shouldn't) to be easily swayed by things people you care about say to you even when you know you don't agree?  To worry about what they think?  I hope so because I still feel like I am figuring it out and I don't know what it takes to stop, but maybe that is just life.  A constant learning and swirling around and climbing to reach new heights.  Each decade you enter into a new learning zone.  20s for getting out on your own and starting to be an "adult", dating, deciding what you want in life.  I am 9 months into my 30th year and I still feel like I felt when I was 29 minus the small amount of depression and feels I got when I did actually turn 30.  I have SO MUCH more learning to do.  I guess that is the point.  It is life.  But damn is it frustrating sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

your Passion(s)

What's your passion? Movies? Music? Reading? Writing? Running? Etc? One thing I know about me, I don't have just one, in fact I get really ADD, as in, I'll start a book, then forget about it and finish it months later (disclaimer: UNLESS it's a James Patterson thriller).  I will binge a series on Netflix then not watch TV for days, I'll re-watch the same movies because it's easier then attempting a new one....and the list goes on. One other thing I know about me: since the day I saw Titanic, I knew I would never be the same.  Don't laugh.  The movie itself unleashed an obsession, infatuation, and love for not just Leonardo DiCaprio, but more seriously, ships. Sunken ships mostly, but also boats, cruise ships, oil rigs, sail boats--- you name it, if it floated, or sunk, I wanted to know about it. Before I knew it I lived, breathed, and dreamt of sunken ships.  Of seeing one in person, of the books I had bought at Barnes and Noble, and second hand book...

Bandwagon(s)

In 1855 the term bandwagon was created and first used-originally it was a large, ornate wagon that carried musicians that were part of a band usually in circuses. I'm not sure when the term expanded to what we use it for now, but anyway, this is a term I use ALL THE TIME.  There are bandwagon fans, which if you think about it, everyone is one at one point in their lives; the loyalties start by jumping on a bandwagon with other fans, whether that be following in your families foot steps or deciding on the team on your own, it all starts by hopping on board.  There are also bandwagon trends-copying the latest fashion or hobby all falls under the category. I lately and FINALLY might I add, got back on the exercise/health/fitness bandwagon.  I fell off back in June-ish and I have had a hard time finding it and getting back on until last Monday.  I guess you could say I had an epiphany (another word I love to overuse) when I found photos of me from not even that long ...

relationship(s)

I had happy hour with a very good friend on Friday who always helps me assure myself; sometimes it's needed to hear what you know is true from an outsider.  He's very smart, assertive and essentially knows what he is talking about as he is wise beyond his years.  Anyway both of us were single a little over a year ago and have now been in successful relationships- him over a year now and me coming up on it in a few months.  It's weird to think that a year ago we spent Valentine's Eve together because he was newly dating and I had no one so we did a little pre-celebration together.  The year before that we were each other's Valentine's and spent a night out in We-Ho and had a blast, this year we both have serious people to spend it with.  It's amazing how time changes everything. We were discussing our relationships with our guys, with each other.  Currently mine is long-distance until April, pause for tears, no no, I am fine.  And his is about to go f...